If you are involved in an accident with a bus, there are some basic things you need to do to ensure you can be adequately compensated for your damages.
Collect the Following Information:
- Get your hospital records as proof of injuries treated.
- Receipts and expense bills incurred with regards to the accident.
- Bus details like the number, route traveled, time and day of accident,
- Location and details of any other vehicles involved
- The name and other identification details of the driver
- Bus ticket copy, if available
- Photographic evidence of the accident site and injuries
If You Are Hurt, Get It Checked
After making sure you visit a hospital and undergo treatment for all injuries, (which in turn serves as proof for claiming compensation). Waiting on getting fully checked by a physician may be waiving coverage for those damages.
Talk to An Attorney
You need an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your case. You have enough to worry about with healing and getting back to your daily life. Let your attorney handle all the paperwork. In most cases, the case will be settled by the bus company’s insurance company, but if it was the fault of another driver or person, the claim will be settled by their insurance.
The bus company and driver are likely to be fully insured in case of an accident. This means, if you want to file a successful compensation claim for your bus related accident, it is absolutely crucial that you get professional help from a personal injury attorney who will know exactly what to do. Most lawyers operate on a contingent fee basis anyway so you know you have nothing to lose.
If you have been in an accident in a bus and have suffered damages, a competent, trustworthy attorney can help get you back on your feet. For more information on your rights and entitlements, or to receive an evaluation, contact Dashner Law at 1-877-4-Dash-Law